TED Talks: Education Revolution
About This Episode
Hosted by author, producer and comedian Baratunde Thurston and performer Sara Ramirez, TED Talks: Education Revolution explores innovative approaches to learning and teaching, and focuses on how education is changing to adapt to our new digital world. TED Talks brings together a wide range of cutting edge thinkers, performers, entrepreneurs, and educators:
- Entrepreneur Sal Khan shares new ideas about how we can transform classroom learning by giving students the tools they need to master concepts, which leads to character-building and heightened creativity;
- Author Julie Lythcott-Haims challenges parents to stop micromanaging their children and focus on creating lives centered more on love than conventional concepts of achievement and career success;
- Dr. Victor Rios recounts how a dedicated and empowering teacher rescued him from a life of poverty and prison;
- Performer Anna Deavere Smith presents the powerful words of two young people she met during a visit to Baltimore in the wake of the death of Freddie Gray;
- Nadia Lopez, founder and principal of the Mott Hall Bridges Academy, shares how her school helped transform struggling students into eager scholars with newfound hope and purpose.
The program also features performances by singer/songwriter Meshell Ndegeocello and Sara Ramirez, and original short films Modern Classroom (Greg Whiteley), Freedom University (Heather Courtney and Anayansi Prado), and Unconscious Bias (Geeta Gandbhir and Perri Peltz).